Monday, July 2, 2018

New cheeky chickens in progress... and a new favorite glaze!

This past Saturday I put more cheeky chickens onto the oxidation cart for their last firing. Along with them went some parts to a windchime I'm trying to put together as well as a mug with a new glaze. (These windchime parts have been underglazed in black.)





In the background you can see what can be either a chicken soap dish or sponge holder...


And here you can see where I tried some red iron oxide on the 2 chickens on the left...



These above are my normal cheeky chickens ready for their final firing.


And here are some parts of the windchime I'm currently working on... (they have been glazed in Blue Rutile like the finished mug in next picture)


Blue Rutile Mug

Comments and suggestions are appreciated!
Thanks for visiting...


6 comments:

  1. The chickens are so cute! I can hardly wait to see the windchime put together. AND that mug, simply gorgeous!!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the glaze on that mug too. And I'll post a pic of the windchime when it's done. But remember, it is my first windchime (a learning experience)...

      Delete
  2. Dear Rian, no suggestions as I don't know anything about glazes or firing or the art of pottery. But I do wonder if any of your objects are for sell. Please let me know. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, I generally give them away to friends and family. But I have had some studio sales. I have one lady who collects my chickens. But I would be glad to send you one or two just to sit on your shelf. They are happy little critters! If you would like more, I do sell them for $10 each.

      Delete
  3. I came over from your other blog, and think the chickens and the red fox are extra cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terra, for checking out the new blog... and commenting!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! It makes my day...

bird soap dishes, bunny windchimes, and ceramic beads...

Here are a few of the new projects sitting on the greenware cart waiting for their first firing...  These are bunnies and carr...